1080 times "The Mantra of Bhaishajyaguru Buddha"Recitation
Location: Pu Ji Si BRC 2nd floor main hall
08:30 am - Reciting 250 times of the Mantra (1st Session)
10:00 am - Reciting 250 times of the Mantra (2st Session)
11:00 am - Offering to the Buddha
12:00 pm - Break Time
01:00 pm - Dharma talk
02:00 pm - Reciting 380 times of the Mantra (3rd Session)
03:30 pm - Reciting 200 times of the Mantra (4th Session)
04:45 pm - Transferring of Merits-Blessing
05:00 pm - End of Session
*** All are welcome to participate ***
“Medicine Master Vaidurya Light Tathagata” is also known in short as “Medicine Buddha”. To each side of Medicine Buddha stand the two principal Bodhisattva attendants, Sutyaprabha and Candraprabha, who are also Bodhisattvas representing moonlight and sunlight, respectively.
By merely chanting the mantra of the Medicine Buddha one can prevent disasters and natural calamities, and can also increases one’s lifespan.
|Prayer / Offerings||Dedication||Amount|
|Blessing & Longevity||1 Company + Per Family (Max 6 Names)||$100|
|Auspiciousness||Per Family (Max 4 Names)||$60|
|Dispel Calamity||Per Family (Max 2 Names)||$30|
|Positive Relationship with Others||Per Name||$10|
|Displaying of 'Medicine Buddha" Image||Per Family (Max 2 Names)||$40|
|Displaying of 'Medicine Buddha" Image||Per Name||$10|
|Offering Dana||Per Family (Max 10 Names)||$100|
|Offering Dana||Per Name||$10|
|Offering Lamp||Per Name||$5|
|Offering Incense||Per Name||$5|
|Offering Flower||Per Name||$5|
According to the “Sutra of the Merit and Virtue of the Past Vows of Medicine Master Vaidurya Light Tathagata” , sentient beings who hear the name of the World Honoured One, “Medicine Master Vaidurya Light Tathagata”, and sincerely accept and uphold it without any doubts, will enjoy a healthy and prosperous life.
Medicine Buddha is the great Healing Master, who made the following twelve great vows to clear the cause of disease and illness, and to eliminate all disasters.
The twelve great vows of Medicine Buddha (Extracted from The Sutra of the Master of Healing).
1. I vow that my body shall shine as beams of brilliant light on this infinite and boundless world, showering on all beings, getting rid of their ignorance and worries with my teachings. May all beings be like me, with a perfect status and character, upright mind and soul, and finally attaining enlightenment like the Buddha.
2. I vow that my body be like crystal, pure and flawless, radiating rays of splendid light to every corner, brightening up and enlightening all beings with wisdom. With the blessings of compassion, may all beings strengthen their spiritual power and physical energy, so that they could fulfil their dreams in the right track.
3. I vow that I shall grant by means of boundless wisdom, all beings with the inexhaustible things that they require, and relieving them from all pains and guilt resulting from materialistic desires. Although clothing, food, accommodation and transport are essentials, it should be utilised wisely as well. Besides self-consumption, the remaining should be generously shared with the community so that all could live harmoniously together.
4. I vow to lead those who have gone astray back to the path of righteousness. Let them be corrected and returned to the Buddha way for enlightenment.
5. I vow that I shall enable all sentient beings to observe precepts for spiritual purity and moral conduct. Should there be any relapse or violation, they shall be guided for repentance. Provided they truly regret their wrong-doings, and vow for a change with constant prayers and strong faith in the Buddha, they could receive the rays of forgiveness, recover their lost moral and purity.
6. I vow that all beings who are physically disabled or sick in all aspects be blessed with good health, both physically and mentally. All who pays homage to Buddha faithfully will be blessed.
7. I vow to relieve all pain and poverty of the very sick and poor. The sick be cured, the helpless be helped, the poor be assisted.
8. I vow to help women who are undergoing sufferings and tortures and seeking for transformation into men. By hearing my name, paying homage and praying, their wishes would be granted and ultimately attain Buddhahood.
9. I vow to free all beings from evil thoughts and its control. I shall lead them onto the path of light through inculcating them with righteousness and honour so that they will walk the Buddha way.
10. I vow to save prisoners who have genuinely repented and victims of natural disasters. Those who are sincere will be blessed by my supreme powers and be freed from sufferings.
11. I vow to save those who suffer from starvation and those who committed crime to obtain food. If they hear my name and faithfully cherish it, I shall lead them to the advantages of Dharma and favour them with food and eventually lead a tranquil and happy life.
12. I vow to save those who suffer from poverty, tormented by mosquitoes and wasps day and night. If they come across my name, cherish it with sincerity and practise dharma to strengthen their merits, they will be able to achieve their wishes.
You may register online or contact our admin office directly during office hours for further details:
Office Tel: 6746 6211 Office hours: Daily 8 am – 5pm except Thursday 8am -1pm